Cabonne Acquisitive Art Prize
The Cabonne Acquisitive Art Prize (CAAP) is an annual painting prize and exhibition that aims to increase opportunities for participation in Cabonne’s arts and cultural program.
It aims to foster a sense of identity, pride and place in Cabonne through a community event and enable the acquisition of exceptional artworks for the Cabonne Council Art and Heritage Collection (to be established).
The art prize is judged by industry professionals who will award total prizemoney and acquisitive funds of $6,000 in 2019-20.
The finalist exhibition will be open to the public at Molong Community Hall, 98 Bank Street, Molong. Winners of each category will be announced at the opening celebration.
|Cabonne Acquisitive Art Prize
|| $30 Entry Fee
|Local Art Prize Primary School Section
|| $10 Entry Fee
|Local Art Prize High School Section
|| $15 Entry Fee
|People's Choice Prize
To be determined
|| Thursday 5 September 2019
|| Friday 24 January 2020
|Works to be Submitted
|| Monday 3 - Friday 7 February 2020
|| Friday 28 February 2020
|| Saturday 14 March 2020
|Announcement, Official Opening
|| Thursday 19 March 2020
|| Saturday 21 March 2020
|Work Collection By
|| Tuesday 24 March 2020
The 2019-20 prize will be awarded to a painting that has not been exhibited in previous awards or prizes.
For the purpose of this prize, “painting” is defined as a work painted in a liquid medium and applied to rigid support. Works on paper will be accepted if framed for hanging.
There is no theme.
Works must be no larger than 100 cm’s x 100 cm’s and must be able to be lifted by two people.
Entry fees are $10 for Primary School entries, $15 for Secondary School entries and $30 for the Acquisitive Art Prize (including GST) per work and is non-refundable. Any application not accompanied by the appropriate entry fee will be ineligible. Payment may be made on-line through Cabonne Council’s on-line payment methods. There is a limit of 1 entry per work, per category.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- The Cabonne Acquisitive Art Prize is open to any artist who complies with the Terms and Conditions and who can demonstrate they currently live or work in the Cabonne Local Government Area or have attended a school in the Cabonne Local Government Area.
- The People’s Choice Prize (non-acquisitive) is open to all works accepted into the competition and will be judged by the public in attendance at the exhibition, at a cost of $2 per vote.
- To be eligible all entrants must submit a complete application by midnight on 24 January 2020. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
- Applications can be lodged online at firstname.lastname@example.org , in writing to Cabonne Council, PO Box 17, Molong NSW 2820 or handed in to the Cabonne Council’s Offices at Molong, Canowindra or Cudal.
- Entries must be paintings that are available for acquisition by Cabonne Council in exchange for the prize amount of $4,250.
- All entries will be assessed initially by a Council-appointed panel of industry professionals, which will select a shortlist for the exhibition. All entrants will be contacted by email and advised whether or not their entry has been shortlisted. The shortlist will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The entry must be an original, uncopied work made solely by the practitioner in the 12 months prior to the closing date for applications. If the practitioner has been assisted by technicians, they must be identified.
- A good quality digital photo of the work must be provided prior to the final submission date 7 February.
- Cabonne Council recognises that the authorship and copyright of the work displayed in the final exhibition belongs to the artist.
- The winner of the acquisitive prize will grant Cabonne Council a nonexclusive, perpetual copyright licence to reproduce the work for non-commercial purposes. Cabonne Council will purchase the artworks and they will become the property of Cabonne Council. Cabonne Council will attribute the artist as the author of the work wherever the work is reproduced unless it is reasonable in the circumstances not to do so.
- The shortlisted entrants must permit Cabonne Council to reproduce biographical information and images of entered works in an exhibition thumb print catalogue and in promotional material associated with the art prize and exhibition for five years from the closing date of entries. Cabonne Council will attribute the artist as the author of the work wherever the work is reproduced unless it is reasonable in the circumstances not to do so.
- Entrants must arrange for delivery of their work during working hours between 3 February 2020 and 7 February 2020 free of any costs to Cabonne Council. The work delivered must be the same as the image supplied in the entry form, any subsequent alterations will render the work ineligible for the prize.
- All works will go through a shortlisting process and shortlisted entries must be displayed for the duration of the exhibition.
- All works will be insured by Cabonne Council during the exhibition. Cabonne Council will not accept liability for any loss or damage that occurs to works during transit.
- All works must come professionally prepared for hanging and display (suitably-framed if applicable, D-rings, no hanging wire and free of dirt and insect contamination.)
- All works must be marked clearly on the verso with artist’s name, title of work and orientation (demarked by an arrow on the verso). Installation instructions must be included if necessary.
- All artworks must be collected during working hours by 24 March 2020. The artist to bring necessary packaging when collecting works. If works are not collected by the due date they will be sent to storage at the entrant’s expense.
- Judges for the Acquisitive Prize will be of appropriate credentials to make a critical assessment of the entries. The decision of the judging panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize-winning entrant agrees to make all reasonable effort to attend the opening event.
- Cabonne Council reserves the right to refuse to display any entry that does not meet the requirements outlined in the Terms and Conditions, or any work it deems to be unacceptable for exhibition.
- Employees of Cabonne Council, councillors and those involved in the administration or judging of the prize are not eligible to enter.
- By completing the entry form and paying the entry fees, the entrant agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
- If a dispute arises relating to the administration of the Cabonne Acquisitive Art Prize, the parties agree to negotiate to settle the dispute with the assistance of an agreed independent third party.
If you are unsure of the terms and conditions or you have further questions you can contact Cabonne Council on 02 6392 3200 or email@example.com