Cabonne Council strongly encourages all residents to reduce, reuse or recycle. Recycling materials conserves our resources and reduces the amount of "rubbish" we create.
To encourage residents to recycle, recyclable material can be deposited at all Cabonne depots for FREE. Recyclable materials include:
- Newspapers, office paper, cardboard.
- All glass bottles and jars. Rinse and place in bin (No lids please).
- Steel, aluminium cans and empty aerosols.
- All plastic bottles and containers marked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 (No lids please).
- Juice and Milk cartons.
Other recyclable materials which can be received free of charge are scrap metal, e-waste and motor oils. Recyclables must be separated into the correct bins/areas at each facility.
Residents are encouraged to remove lids, and rinse and crush all containers (except glass) prior to disposing of them at the recycling stations.
Recycling stations are located at:
- Cargo, Canowindra, Manildra, Cumnock, Eugowra and Yeoval Waste Management Facilities.
- Molong - A bank of recycling bins located behind the SPA supermarket has been temporarily relocated to council-owned land in Betts Street, East Molong adjacent to the concrete business near Hunter Caldwell Oval until further notice.
What cannot be recycled?
No plastic bags or recyclables inside plastic bags, ceramics, window glass, ovenware or light bulbs and no garden waste.
What Happens to My Recycling(PDF, 742KB)
More information on what can and cannot be recycled can be found on the NetWaste website.