Cabonne Country Tourism Advisory Committee EOI Application
Published on 14 September 2020
Cabonne Council is seeking individuals to be appointed to the Cabonne Country Tourism Advisory Committee.
The Committee aims to “To facilitate the development of tourism to and within the Cabonne Country”.
The objectives of the Committee are:
- To provide input to the design of the Cabonne Council Tourism Plan – this is the information gathering phase:
- understand the importance of tourism to the area now & its future potential,
- assess tourism infrastructure & how it can be improved,
- What assistance is required for groups for tourism activities,
- Partnerships and alliances which can be formed to facilitate tourism in the area,
- identify target markets in the various segment that make up Cabonne (food & wine, larger towns, small villages)
- analyse current tourism statistics (ie establish the starting point), identify trends & set measurable visitation objectives.
- Based on the information sourced in the design phase, to provide input to the Tourism Plan – its Key Objectives, strategies for implementation & actions (projects) for the years ahead
- To advise and implement the actions / projects listed in the Tourism Plan.
- To advise on methods for evaluating the actions implemented, review the evaluation and set actions/ projects for the ongoing delivery of tourism
If you are interested in applying for a position on this committee, please complete this form and return to Council by Friday 16 October 2020.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Councils Tourism, Culture and Events Coordinator on 6392 3200.