Become an Educator
What is a Family Day Care Educator?
A family day care educator is a qualified early childhood professional that operates an early childhood education and care service from their approved homes.
They are small business owners, classed as sole traders.
Family day care educators are required to work under the Children (Education and Care Services National Law Application) Bill 2010, the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Standards.
What Do I Need to Become an Educator?
- Be actively working towards, or hold, a minimum Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- First Aid Certificate (HLTAID004)
- Resuscitation Certificate (completed in HLTAID004, but must be updated annually)
- Child Protection Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check (no older than 6 months)
- Working with Children Check for any household members over 18 years (e.g. partner, adult children)
- Public Liability Insurance (renewed annually)
- Australian Business Number
- Provider Digital Access Account
- Medical Examination (renewed every three years, or upon request)
- Laptop, computer or tablet
Our Prospective Educator Handbook outlines the requirements and attributes you need to have in order:
Prospective Educator Handbook(PDF, 702KB)
ASSESSING YOUR HOME
The Coordinator will come and assess your home to ensure it meets the requirements for family day care. You will advised of any areas that need to be altered to meet requirements and given time to make these changes.
We are currently in need of more educators in the following towns:
We are also accepting educators from:
- Mullion Creek
- All other surrounding areas
Cabonne Family Day Care provides training to new educators to ensure they are informed and ready to commence care. We will visit your once a week for the first four weeks, then once a month.
Contact our friendly staff on 02 6392 3219 if you have any interest in becoming an educator, or if you would like more information. Our staff are happy to answer any of your questions and provide enough information for you and your family to make an informed decision. We will send you an application form when you contact the office.
Service Philosophy(PDF, 217KB)
Core Domains(PDF, 1MB)