The NSW Government is looking for innovative ideas to engage people in our heritage stories, boost public access to state’s most significant heritage places and stimulate local economies across NSW.
Through this Community Heritage Grants program, Heritage NSW is seeking ideas which actively promote heritage through meaningful engagement with the community. This program encourages innovative thinkers to utilise modern technologies to connect younger generations to NSW heritage.
This is a competitive funding round, eligible applicants can apply for up to $50,000 to engage local and broader communities
Who can apply?
- If you are a local council, Local Aboriginal Land Council, business, non-government organisation, community group or individual with your operations and headquarters in NSW (if you are a business or incorporated entity).
- If you have an ABN
What can you apply for?
This grant can be used for a range of services, programs, products, projects and activities that:
• actively engage people in understanding, celebrating and promoting NSW heritage and culture.
• where Aboriginal cultural heritage is included, can demonstrate consultation with, and support of, the local Aboriginal custodians
Examples of eligible activities include:
- Trails, tours, and tourism promotions
- Cultural or interpretative performances, festivals and events
- Educational events
- Promotional material
- Digital and web-based products and services
- Interactive displays and exhibitions
- Cultural workshops
- Commemorative events
You can apply for up to $50,000 (ex GST) for the Community Heritage Grant category. You do not need to contribute financially to the project for your application to be successful. You can submit more than one application, but they must be for different projects.
Applications close 12:00pm Friday 2 December 2022
Contact Heritage NSW if you have any questions:
Phone: 02 9873 8500