Cabonne is a large, expanding multi-purpose rural Council located in the rich Central Ranges of New South Wales. It includes the villages of Canowindra, Molong, Eugowra, Manildra, Yeoval, Cudal, Cumnock and Cargo and surrounds the booming regional centre of Orange and is approximately three hours’ drive from Sydney and Canberra. Council has an important job to do. Why not be part of it?
Cabonne Council provides excellent career opportunities across a large range of professions and trades. We offer diverse employment options which could include a position for you that suits your interests, lifestyle and career goals. Cabonne Council is also committed to providing a safe workplace and proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Conditions of Employment
All employees of the Cabonne Council are employed under the Local Government (State) Award which defines conditions of employment such as: rates of pay, leave entitlements, hours of work, training and development, and grievance and dispute procedures.
Employees of Council are also covered by other legislation, including but not limited to:
- Work Health & Safety – to ensure that Council is a safe and happy place of work.
- Equal Employment Opportunity – a basic principle in our overall operations requiring all our appointments to be strictly based on merit.
- Child Protection – some roles within Council are covered by the Commission for Children & Young People Act 1998. All employees who work in positions identified as being child related employment must undergo a ‘Working with Children Check’ prior to commencing employment.
Benefits of Working With Us
As an employee of the Cabonne Council you will also enjoy the following variety of benefits (subject to Council policy):
- Nine-day fortnight
- Four weeks annual leave per annum
- 15 days sick/carer’s leave per annum
- Long service leave (after five years continuous service)
- Paid Parental and Supporting Parent Leave (after 12 months of continuous service)
- Council’s Staff Education Assistance program to support further education
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to a free and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Working with skilled and experienced colleagues who also become friends
As part of the recruitment process, Cabonne Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
If you are interested in a career at Cabonne Council, please contact a member of our HR team, either Council’s Leader - People & Culture, Glenn Meehan or People & Culture Coordinator, Sarrah King on (02) 6392 3200